LGM Products is looking to hire a full time Technical Product Manager to maintain and develop our in-house technical expertise for our range of fire and signalling systems.
If you are interested in working for a family run business which supplies fire detection and audio visual signalling products to companies all over the world, then please download the job description (pdf) below and get in touch.
Technical Product Manager (full time)
The Technical Product Manager will be the technical product expert within the company, providing support and training for our customers and being a key strategic link to our suppliers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the product development and technical management of LGM’s Signaline range.
- Work with suppliers to gain comprehensive product knowledge and understand product development agenda.
- Support Sales Director and Business Development Manager with business planning, particularly product developments and introductions.
- Liaise with customers to understand their requirements and provide technical support and recommend solutions. For certain customers provide direct technical training; via technical presentations and demonstrations.
- Ensure that the external and internal sales teams are supported with technical information and where appropriate support with quotes and marketing.
- Responsible for the development and management of product datasheets, approvals and certifications.
- Further team product knowledge by providing internal training to team on new standards, regulations and new products.
- Keep up to date with changes in product legislation, regulations and technical standards. Advise the Sales Director and Business Development Manager of impending changes and implications to the business.
The successful candidate for the Technical Product Manager position will have the following experience:
- A degree or equivalent experience within an engineering or science discipline.
- Ability to understand and interpret product specifications and drawings.
- Ability to occasionally bench test products using simple test equipment.
- Technical sales experience is preferred but not essential.
- Availability for occasional international travel.
- Drive to develop role and take on further responsibility in time.
- Ability to communicate complex technical answers in a simple and clear manner, particularly to customers for whom English is a second language.
- Confident in presenting in a professional manner
- Collaborative team player who is willing to support the everyday running of the business.
- Bright and enthusiastic.
- Collaborative team player
LGM Products is a British family run business suppling fire and signalling systems, including hazardous area and marine approved, to businesses across the world. We supply products made by the industry’s leading manufacturers and our broad range of products have been used on a variety of applications from cement works in Vietnam to Gatwick Airport. For more details and to meet the rest of the team please browse the website.
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
LGM Products is proud to have received a runner-up award for Best Customer Service at the Hazardex 2017 Conference and Exhibition Gala Awards.
The winners of the awards were decided after a customer vote and we would particularly like to thank all our customers who took the time to vote for us.
LGM Products was one of 20 companies shortlisted across four categories for the Hazardex 2017 Awards, designed to recognise excellence in the hazardous area sector.
LGM Products’ nomination was based on our reputation for quality products, fast order fulfilment and a deep understanding of our customers’ needs.
We are pleased to have many satisfied customers and to have our high level of customer retention recognised during our ISO 9001 audit.
We are continually working to improve our customer service: last year we undertook a full customer enquiry review and invested in product training for our sales staff. Please contact us if you want to find out more.